Well, almost the whole family was here for Christmas. And boy, oh, boy was it hectic... and it's still going!! My mom's side of the family was here (almost all of them) and Dad's brother... and no one else from his side. Haha!! anyway, Had a big Christmas dinner with everyone and just got everything cleaned up, and already the desserts are out! I even made something for this big deal: I made one of the desserts, it's called
2 Cups of Heavy whipping cream
6 egg yolks (this is important!!!)
14 oz. chocolate chips (dark, bittersweet, white)
2 Tablespoons coffee
and small desert cups
1) In a medium, heavy bottomed saucepan, combine the sugar and cream and bring to a gentle boil over medium heat
2) Whisk the yolks together in a small bowl
3) Pour a small amount of the hot cream into the yolks and whisk to combine and temper them... otherwise you'll end up with scrambled eggs. That wouldn't be cool, at all.
5) Strain the custard into al large measuring cup with a pour spout (a two qaurt size works very well) Whisk in the coffee and chocolate until everything is smooth and well combined- using a strainer catches any bits of cooked egg.
6) Pour into individual dessert cups.
7) Chill for several hours
Doesn't it look good?! This is actually the last one left! Haha!!
*Note to the reader: This was meant to be posted on Dec. 25.... That didn't happen because the author was very busy.